Saturday, June 2, 2012

Saturday Spinach Swap




As I told you several times.. I love to read health blogs and success stories.  One of the blogs I read almost daily is this: http://lindawagner.net/blog/

I just like the inspirational tidbits as well as her fun recipes she posts.   As I dietitian I think it is important to step out of our conservative shell and learn what is going on out there in the health world.. If it is trying coconut oil in your smoothie (which I might be doing right now)... EVERYONE GASP.. and tell me my saturated fat intake is well over the norm... well I have done the research.. and we will let my blood lipid profile be the true test of that.. which I plan to have done here soon. I might also be eating gluten free bread as well.. just because I like it.   So anyway.. before I chug my Aloe Vera Juice.. (just kidding).. I have yet to do this.. but expect a post on this as well... SOON.

I recently just tried this recipe from Linda's blog.. and absolutely LOVE it... it is easy... and soooooo good.    

You’ll need:
Basically steam your spinach in 1/2 cup of boiling water until wilted... drain it.. and then top with your favorite marinara sauce.. and goat cheese.   It is heaven!!!

Via Linda Wagner Blog

Here is my inspiration for the day...these are words to live by..

via pinterest :)

No comments:

Post a Comment