Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Going for the Goal

I recently decided I needed to implement a goal in my life... I really was not sure what this goal might be or entail?  But after this past weekend I decided I wanted to focus on my health.. and I mean.. get back on the horse and eat like I preach.  I recently read in Women's Health Magazine that consuming up to 7 servings of fruits and vegetables will lead you to be more happy.  They also had research to back this up... and it is the truth.  Eating healthy will not only boost your mood.. but it will improve your overall health and boost the immune system.  While I was commuting via train back in San Francisco.. I would touch everything known to mankind on that train
Pinned Image

.. including the dirty ticket kiosk. During this time frame of my job.. I made a big change to my diet.. and low and behold.. I NEVER once picked up a cold, the flu, or a virus of some kind.  

I am kind of freaky into numerology... and I have always felt that I needed to complete 3 half-marathons in my life then I would retire from running completely.  Not sure what it is about the number 3... but I have to do this.  I went on active.com and looked up half-marathons on May 5, 2013.  Cinco De Mayo happens to be my birthday.. and I thought this would be the perfect birthday gift to myself.  Here are the races I am considering signing up for...



Orange County Half-Marathon in New Port Beach, California
Pinned Image
The Avenue of  Giants in the Redwoods of Northern California
Pinned Image
The Lincoln Half-Marathon in Lincoln, Nebraska... I always wanted to finish a race in Memorial Stadium  (My Alma Mater)
Pinned Image
Divas Half Marathon in San Francisco, CA
Pinned Image

Nike Womens Half Marathon/San Francisco

NWM 2012. This is happening.
I might also throw my name in the lottery for this race... it would be my THIRD time running it.  I think I really want this opportunity again... it is an AMAZING race. 

So I have started up the Couch to 5K program AGAIN.. and will build up my mileage from scratch and hope to be ready by May.  I think living in this mile high city gives me a little edge in my training.   So here we go....
Here is a glimpse of the training for the next 10 weeks.. I will also include spinning class on Monday nights, and mix it up with Pilate's to build my non-existent core.

Pinned Image

No comments:

Post a Comment