Sunday, June 8, 2014

Mad Hungry

Photo courtesy of Everydayfoodblog.com
I recently purchased this cookbook for a friend of mine with two boys.  Not only is my friend a great cook.. but he is a working parent like most parents these days with a house full of picky eaters.  Growing up in the Midwest my family sat down together for almost every meal. While my mother, grandmothers (and aunts) were some of the best cooks in the country according to my friends.  A home cooked meal in my eyes is healthier, safer and provides more satisfaction for everyone.  When I purchased this book I thumbed through the recipes and also read the introduction provided by the author.  I absolutely fell in love with this concept of incorporating home cooked meals back into the household and including your sons with the meal planning.  I agree 100% with the author Lucinda Scala Quinn, that a man who knows how to cook is more self-sufficient, better roommate, boyfriend, father and son. 

This cookbook happens to be one of my favorite, and I ended up purchasing the book for myself and love every single recipe in the book.  The old fashion pancake recipe will get everyone out of bed in the morning and sitting at the kitchen table with you.  If you have a household of picky eaters, I urge you to pick up this book and take a peek at some of the recipes in this book and incorporate them into your weekly menu.  I actually just made the cold sesame noodles today and cut the recipe in half for myself.  I almost consumed it all.... no lie.  Another dirty deed of a dietitian :-)

Happy Cooking...and bring back the dinner table!
photo courtesy of learnnc.org

No comments:

Post a Comment