Monday, May 7, 2012

Fun With The Food Trucks....

Well I am back from my trip... and energized.   I experienced so many great restaurants... and can hardly wait to tell you about my trip to "True Food Kitchen" in Newport Beach.   But I wanted to talk about my latest infatuation with food trucks first.   Ever since the Food Network started their own show "Food Truck Wars"... I can not get enough of learning about food trucks.   Living in the Bay area.. we have a great deal of gourmet food trucks.. and some of them are in such demand... that they only post their where-abouts on twitter.. and it is first come.. first serve... and a great deal of them sell out in little or no time.   This past weekend I had the honor of trying two very popular food trucks out of Southern California that I need to write about...

First up.. "The Burnt Truck"  very clever name I might say...
This truck was notorious for their sliders... and they were ohhhhh sooooo good....
Next up... was Dogzilla
Very cool food truck.. and loved all the fun menu items...
I had the Dogzilla (it was AWESOME)... and yes.. I caught ALOT of slack for eating this.. but keep in mind the name of my blog... (remember this dietitian does break the rules and does not consume just water, ice and celery)
 The Jayo was very good by the way... and yes.. a boring wiener is... boring...check this out....

My friend and I waited up for hours.(okay maybe 45 minutes). to see this guy.. but evidently he had other work in the valley tht night (he evidently didnt' get the memo about me in town)... but hopefully I will get to meet him one day... as he is FAMOUS in the LA area... and well known by food magazines.. AND.. the food networks as well...
Meet Kogi Korean BBQ (see below)

This is how popular he is... see the line!!!!!!!!

In the San Francisco Bay Area... here is one of my favorite food trucks...


I follow Cupkates on Twitter and love hearing about all the fun cupcakes of the day if you get a chance to locate this truck..... you will NOT be dissappointed. 

Come back tomorrow for the rest of my food excursions (oh... and my 1,390kcal breakfast item I tried after my 5K)... I mean I lost part of my vision from my blood sugar being so high after I ate it.. but it was worth EVERY bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment