Wednesday, May 9, 2012

True Food Kitchen....


Cool Patio we sat out on.... all night long at True Food Kitchen

This past weekend... I was able to check off a few items on my bucket list that I have been WAITING to do for the past 6-7 months.   One of these just so happen to involve my favorite guru "Dr. Weil" who I obsess over.   When I discovered that one of his restaurants was in the Newport Beach area.. I jumped for joy.. as I was going to be in Newport Beach over my birthday it just so happened.  This experience was one I am going to talk about for months (maybe years) as I had the best food EVER!!   As a Dietitian I absolutely enjoy wholesome and sustainable food that I can feel good while eating. True Food Kitchen bases its entire menu centered on the principals of Dr. Andrew Weil’s Anti-Inflammatory Diet & Food Pyramid. 

My friend and I (who is also a Dietitian.. and SMART one I might add) were like two howling dogs everytime we tried a different entree or small plate.  We even spent over 3 hours out on the beautiful patio enjoying our food.
The Chef's Hard at Work!
Where are "Natural Refreshments" were prepared.



We started out by experiencing some of the "Natural Refreshers"
Red Moon:  pink grapefruit juice, yuzu, agave, and soda water (Perfect for the Supermoon that night)



Next up:  We tried the Panang Curry (brown rice, potato, broccoli, ginger, carrot, mushroom and coconut shellfish broth)


 and then.. we tried the Grilled Shrimp Spring Rolls

We then went on.. and tried the Carmalized Onion Tart, Thai Shrimp Dumplings... and of course forgot to take a picture of those items...because we were too busy talking, analyzing.. or who knows.

True Food Kitchen is only in Arizona and California at the present... but I am hoping.. and praying he brings it a little further east... like Denver?? Just sayin....

After our feast we took off and headed home... and meditated (okay we didn't meditate.. but I know some people who did)... I just think that sounds cooler...... ON THIS..

Supermoon May 5, 2012
This must mean something..I mean how many people have a supermoon on their birthday??  So of course I looked it up...

This year’s Scorpio Full Moon arrives during Beltane (May 1-5), the Celtic earth festival that celebrates the beginning of Summer….”
This Scorpio Full Moon is also called the Wesak Moon, the most auspicious day in Buddhism, for it celebrates the birth, enlightenment and death of Buddha. In this energetic opposition between Taurus and Scorpio, we are all called to the great union with Nature and the heavens, celebrating the Divine within Nature and within ourselves. Like the Buddha, we are called to acknowledge the divine spirit in our human nature as we overcome and release the emotional demons that plague us and separate us from our spiritual inheritance…”
“This potent full Moon, which is also another superMoon, meaning it is close to the Earth and therefore exerts a stronger pull on us, calls us to give birth to the powerful destiny seeded within each of us. This is the year to do it and now is the time to let go of the fears and the demons that keep us caught up in the delusions of our patriarchal society. We can band together with like-minded people (Venus in Gemini) and create a life that is meaningful, creative and strong (Mars in Virgo).”
“This Taurus/Scorpio Full Moon asks us to become aware of the people and things we give the highest value to, and to look at the emotional trauma that keeps us apart. It’s time to question our values and beliefs about money, power, happiness and our connection to each other and to the Earth. There are powerful forces at work determined to keep the old system alive, regardless of how many people and places it destroys. But we are equally powerful, and the Cosmos is lending us energy to break-through our paralysis and stand up for our beliefs. “

Flourless, Chocolate Birthday Cake made with 72% Cocoa what more could a girl ask for on her birthday!!!

 I think this is going to be a great year.....Cheers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment