Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Clueless in the Kitchen

I can openly admit that I unfortunately did not inherit any knowledge, ability, or skill of how to cook... what-so-ever.   Both grandmothers, my mother, aunts, and a few uncles are probably close to Julia Child in the kitchen... but I never developed the skills to be crafty in the kitchen.   I enjoy watching the Food Network.. but when it comes to preparing food I am usually clueless.  This past year my mom sent me this gem of a cookbook... seriously.. this book is full of recipes by some of the best cooks in my home state.
Here is the book.....


You better believe it... this cookbook was developed in 1979 by some of the most hardworking women in my hometown.  These ladies could out-cook any of you...and still have a good laugh while doing it.

Just check out a few of these recipes....


This is a recipe for a Kolache.... if you have never heard of a kolache.. then google it.  They are like heaven in your mouth... and my aunt probably makes the best Kolache's in the nation world!

I am in this phase where I love to gather recipes from my family members, I usually look at them, file them.. and never carry through with any end result or masterpeice to show for.  One of these days I plan to attend cooking classes (AGAIN) and develop a love for cooking.  It is not that I do not know how to cook.. I just tend to cook really boring things... and need to step it up.  Soooo do not be suprised if you see me hanging out here this year....Your never too old... right????

But probably will not be here...(sorry mom)

But you may find me here... (Bring it Julia.....)

I will keep you posted on the cooking classes...because I will be back one day with my blog about food that I have prepared.. so far it is just smoothies.  

No comments:

Post a Comment