Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Coming off the Cleanse...

Coming off this cleanse has been interesting.  I find myself now wanting to go back to the strict habits I just formed over the past 30 days.   I am craving fresh fruits, vegetables, and my gluten free bread.  I have been drinking coffee only 2x a week... but have found it is giving me headaches.  The one thing I absolutely craved for 30 days.. is now making me sick.  Unbelievable....

Here are a few tips I found online from Dr. Oz about going on a cleanse....with some of my feedback as well....

Dr Oz’s Cleanse Tips:

Don’t go cold turkey.  Try to wean yourself from some of your habits prior to the cleanse, such as cutting coffee and sugar. This will soften the detox symptoms.

Don’t starve yourself.   Many people are fearful of cleanse programs because they hear about things like drinking only lemon water with cayenne pepper for weeks on end. A cleanse spends a lot of time educating clients on how to create hormonally balanced meals that include carbohydrates, proteins and fats in every meal (or even liquid shake meals as did my program)

Drink plenty of water.  Between the recommended protein shakes, detox tea, colon cleanse drinks, herbal tea get plenty of water to aid the body in flushing toxins. Try to shoot for 1/2 your body weight in ounces. 

Research your detox plan.    It is always recommended to check with your personal doctor to make sure you are cleared to make better diet habits. 

Don’t reward the end of the detox with a food binge (Like I did).  After the cleanse, you may want to journal the foods you incorporate back into your diet.  Some foods may cause bloating, and upset stomach..


By starting a journal,  you may be able to determine what foods you might want to refrain from eating.   Living a 80/20 lifestyle.  Eating cleanse friendly 80% of the time and allowing some “treats” 20% of the time is a good rule of thumb. 

No comments:

Post a Comment