Sunday, April 1, 2012

Day 29

So if your curious... this is how I spent my Sunday afternoon with the girls.....

It started with a flight of beers at a Gastropub with my friends... and then we ordered this:
A Grassfed Beef Hamburger.. with fries.   Ahhhhhhhhhhh!   I was careful with the fries... as I didn't know what all that fat and grease would do.  
If you can believe this... I got up this morning.. and was all excited to have coffee... and then discovered I had no creamer... so I ended up pouring my coffee out.  I cannot drink black coffee.. yuck.  So I had a nice cup of green ginger tea (Exciting)

I have had alot of questions about the smoothie that I was drinking everyday... I will give you some of the details:  The particular protein powder I was using.. was vegan (not disclosing brand).. and had no dairy, or soy.   I would usually add 2 scoops of that (160kcals/20g Pro) with a scoop of the fiber powder I had purchased (12g fiber) to keep me satisfied longer.  I would then add a 1/2 cup of Strawberries, mango's on occasion, cup of Kale or Chard, a cup of Almond Milk, or Rice Milk, along with 2 Tbsp of Ground Flax seed or 1tsp or so of Sunflower Seed Butter as my fat.   I would change it up on occasions with different fruits, and vegetables.. as I prefer my smoothie to be not as sweet.  It would usually make around 12 oz.  Total kcal's was roughly 400 from the smoothie.. seems like alot.. but this is the only thing I was consuming for my breakfast.. up until lunch.   There are a billion ways you can make your smoothie...I like to change it up.. try different frozen fruits.. and might even try coconut milk at times.  One must be careful not to add too many items.. as that will increase the calories in your smoothie.   About 3 months ago.. I purchased this little Cuisinart blender.. its compact and comes with 16 oz cups that you can travel with.. so you just blend.. and place a lid on it.. and go.  The best $70.00 I EVER spent.  This thing will cut, chop, and puree through anything.... I also like that it is 16oz so I can control the size of my smoothie. 
Happy Sunday !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment