Sunday, March 4, 2012

Day 1

Starting a Cleanse on a Sunday morning is very depressing, as my normal routine of: 6 cups of coffee, an English muffin with peanut butter, and a glass of OJ is now a distant memory.  I actually woke up this morning and thought to myself.. this sucks.   But I started my morning by throwing out most of the remaining junk in my refrig, and found myself almost talking out loud to each and every food item I looked at.. it was like we were breaking up or it was a bad episode of A&E Hoarders.  I hid the items that have an expiration date of like 2020, on the bottom shelf.. and then hid my Peets Coffee bags on the very top shelf of my kitchen. Even had to move my coffee maker out of sight.   So now all that is in my vision is fruits, vegetables, and boring food. I spent a great deal of time after Mass today shopping for all these new and exciting foods.  I stopped by this place.. and had SERIOUS success. 

Okay.. here was my morning:
1 Cup of Detox Tea (The first ingredient is Milk Thistle.. so this cannot be so bad).   Do any of you know the benefits of Milk Thistle??  We will talk about that later. But anyway.. the detox tea is supposed to cleanse my liver... YES!!! YES!!!
Now.. onto my Protein Shake... which is completely made of high quality vegan protein, flax seed, alfalfa, CoQ10, and is gluten & dairy Free.   I will also add a scoop of fiber boost ( which has approx 12g of Fiber).  I also add Kale to everything lately.. because of the extraordinary benefits of it.  During this cleanse we will be aiming for 35+ g of fiber in my diet.  (We will talk about the restroom affect next week.. that is the week I am most worried about.. as I am a commuter.. and there is NO bathroom on the train.   So anyway.. here is what the shake looks like... and it's not bad.. but it's a shade sweet for me.. but I can always leave out the fruit.. and add vegetables.  
I did not get a real chance to eat lunch... so I snacked on Brown Rice Apple Cinnamon Rice Cakes, with Almond Butter... and English Peas (Seriously my favorite thing right now.. and you can only get them at various times of the year out here). 
Dinner will include a Free Range Chicken Breast with black beans, and broccoli.   Boring.......

Overall Feeling after Day 1:   Discoverd how hard it is to shop for food that does not have soy in it! It's in EVERYTHING!  I really cannot gauge how I am feeling as of now..because it has only been one day... but I am thinking by day three I will be in pain... or chasing cows in a pasture like a vampire.. because I need red meat!  

1 comment:

  1. Would you share recipes (ie, the shake?) and anything that those of us who live in rural Nebraska might be able to substitute if we can't find the exact ingredient?

    Thanks to you, milk thistle capsules are in my old lady daily pillbox. My liver needs more TLC.

    YOU ROCK.

    ReplyDelete