Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Day 4

I promise to keep this blog as positive as possible... but seriously... today might have been the hardest day yet.  The account in San Francisco that I have been working at decided to have a company wide BBQ today out in their Pavilion.  The building I work at is mostly windows...and they decided to grill hamburgers all day long for the BBQ.. so I was able to smell it... watch it... and drool just thinking about it every time I walked by the guys outside preparing it.   How depressing...

Weirdly as this may seem.. but I am craving really bizarre foods now... such as "Chicken Fried Steak"?? I probably have not had this since 2002??  I have also been thinking alot about Coffee, Soda and Whole Wheat Bread.   But I will have to say.. I am really enjoying "Rudis" Gluten free bread... seriously.. I might keep eating this stuff...as I am loving it!!  Here is another item I am loving...
These cookies are not bad...they are dairy, gluten, and preservative free.... and come from a company located out of Ukiah, CA.  
Everyday or so.. the small group of us participating in this cleanse email each other back and forth about how we feel... what new foods we have found.  I am actually enjoying this part.. as I have never learned so much in all my years as an RD... how much crap is really in food after paying attention to each and every ingredient I put in my mouth.   Michael Pollan says..."If your Grandmother would not recognize the ingredients... then it is probably not good for you".  I live by this...(well now i do). Love this book


Daily Stats:
Weight: No change
Mind, Body, Spirit:  No real change as well.. hmmmm???
Also discovering that there is real link between food and  your mood.  I felt I was in such a better mood with coffee in my life :(
Moving on to Day 5....

1 comment:

  1. I am jotting notes and making my Whole Foods list as fast as you post an entry. Finding your cravings interesting! Michael Pollan gospel - truly, if we just thought more about what we were putting into our bodies and how we are nourishing our souls and be more INTENTIONAL and THOUGHTFUL - what an incredible difference that would make.

    Learning from your example - thanks Kim!

    ReplyDelete