Monday, March 5, 2012

Day 2

Well... so far so good.  I am now up to drinking 70+fl oz of water (or tea), it is recommended we drink about half our body weight... so give or take.  I was only drinking about 32oz of water a day before this cleanse... this could explain why I always felt like crap, and my running was oh.. soooooo.... slow!  
I will have to say.. that if there is one thing out of this experiment I will gain... it is the incredible knowledge of the various foods in Trader Joes, Sprouts Farmers Market, and Whole Foods.  I have been spending copious amounts of time in these markets, studying, asking questions, price comparing.. and getting to know the peeps in the store.   I especially love checking out... and the lady at Sprouts saw this particular product in my cart... and she seriously stopped and asked me OMG what is this... YUCK.
Yes.. I have never even heard of BRAGG up until this week... the founders of BRAGG are a married couple out of Southern California (both with Ph.D).  One of the food items I love and miss is soy sauce.. and evidently BRAGG liquid Amino's will be the replacement for that.. I have yet to try it.  The Vinaigrette is made with Apple Cider Vinegar and it's Gluten/Dairy/Soy /Sodium/Preservative free... so I have been using this on my salads... it's not bad.
Today my focus was drinking loads of water... and not thinking about food.   For dinner I had a hamburger patty(100% grass fed beef), with a tomato, avocado and mushrooms on top.  (no ketchup) and then a side of green beans.. that was pretty much it.  Must of been the Almonds I had at 5pm, or the nauseating run I went on this evening after work, I swear you could all hear me breathing in the neighboring state!   Running seriously curbs my appetite for a good 3-4 hours... weird?
One of the other habits that I have to focus on as well is not eating after 7pm.  So I immediately brush my teeth after dinner and take ALL my supplements.  I was already taking loads of Vitamins before this.. but now I had to add 4 more vitamins on top of all the other I take.  (We will expand on those later).  
The whole entire month of February I was sick.. no kidding.. with a cold, then sinus infection.. I swear.. I was ready to check myself into a nursing home.  I came across a very interesting article last night on one of the 100 million health blogs I follow, regarding sinus infections and caffeine.. it's a no brainer.. but I seriously wonder if by backing away on caffeine, dairy..  my sinuses will improve.  We will see.  
Okay here are the stats....
Weight loss:  0
Mind/Clarity: No difference
Wellbeing:  Seriously almost lost it in Trader Joes when I was in the cheese aisle... and then the free coffee sampler area!  OH... it's a killer.  But when I saw the little gal who was running the free food demo sneeze all over everything... I was out of there!   Alright... we are moving on...

No comments:

Post a Comment