Thursday, March 29, 2012

Day 26

Cue Peter, Paul and Mary singing "Puff the Magic Dragon" while I am about to tell you my experience with one of my new supplements that I have been taking.  The supplement is Curcumin, which is a curcuminoid of the popular Indian spice Tumeric.  Tumeric is a powerful antioxidant and acts as an anti-inflammatory as well.  The list is too large to tell you all the benefits behind this medicinal Indian spice.   But I ventured out to find this supplement (which isn't hard to find) about a month ago.. and noted that the shelf was almost empty.. and there was 1 bottle left.  Guess everyone had the same idea. When I opened up the bottle that evening.. I looked at this pill (which looks like this....

I administered the pill with 4oz of water.. which I felt was adequate to digest this thing.   About 8 minutes later.. I was on the phone and happened to start coughing... and blew orange powder out my mouth.. like this...

Well.. not quite like this... but enough to startle me.. and laugh at the same time.   So moral of the story is again.. to take your supplements with LOADS of water.. to avoid puffing out like a dragon I guess. This could actually be a great party trick over Easter.. that I could totally freak out my family with while we are standing around visiting.

As we are wrapping up these final days of the cleanse.. I have started to pretty much cave in more than normal.   For instance, today I walked into my dietary supervisors office and she had a fried banana on her desk from the Thai food that they had ordered earlier.. it looked similar to this....
It tasted like HEAVEN... and I did not look back.  This kind of stuff kills me.. because when in the world would I ever eat this again.  Because I sure as heck would never fry bananas at my house... a matter a fact anything.   So this made my day... and now I am enjoying a nice sweet potato for dinner with some coconut spread in place of butter.   

Mind, Body, Spirit:  No complaints... I just had a fried bananna!

No comments:

Post a Comment