Monday, March 26, 2012

Day 23

Genetically Modified Food
Genetically modified foods are foods derived from genetically modified organisms (GMOs). Genetically modified organisms have had specific changes introduced into their DNA by genetic engineering techniques.

If you have never heard of Genetically Modified Food (GMO).. then you probably have a third leg or eye by now from eating it. Oh I am just kidding.. but I do want to point out that there is a great deal of research and controversy out there regarding this.. and potential harmful effects it could have on our society.  Before I get up on my soap box and preach to the choir.. I would like to point out that there are pros and cons to GMO's and urge alot of you to read up on this.. as it may someday effect the quality or price of our food.   A few years ago I listened to this gentleman speak in San Francisco..
   
Jeffrey Smith spoke on genetically engineered food, and it was an eye opening seminar.  I immediately darted to his booth after his talk.. and ripped off  collected all the information I could on this.. including these great grocery shopping pads that show foods foods that are lowest in pesticides, and the dirty dozen which you should consider buying organic.  Here is a great list I will share with you that you can copy and take with you to the grocery store:

Foods Lowest in Pesticides:
Onions, Avocados, Frozen Sweet Corn, Pineapples, Mangos, Frozen Sweet Peas, Asparagus, Kiwi Fruit, Cabbage, Eggplant, Cantaloupe (domestic), Watermelon, Grapefruit, Sweet Potatoes, and Honeydew Melon

Dirt Dozen (You Should Buy these in Organic)
Celery, Peaches, Strawberries, Apples, Blueberries (Domestic), Nectarines, Sweet Bell Peppers, Spinach, Cherries, Collard Greens/Kale, Potatoes, Grapes.

I guess I should talk about my cleanse.. since that is the reason I am blogging.  I officially have 5 days left of cleansing.. and looking forward to my first cup of coffee on Sunday.  I plan to head over to Starbucks for this.. and I plan to have this much as enthusiasm as Will Ferrel upon entering Starbucks
http://youtu.be/9jyCfRHumHU?t=30s

Mind, Body, Spirit:
I ran 2 miles today... woo hoo.. and felt great.  
No change in weight...

No comments:

Post a Comment