Saturday, March 10, 2012

Day 7

It's Saturday Evening....this makes one full week of cleansing!  Three more weeks... we can do this!  

I often think of my patients as I am taking part in this elimination diet.  For instance a diabetic with renal failure must intervene with a diet that is so restrictive it could drive a person mad!!  One must limit carbs, monitor their potassium, phosphorus, and eat copious amounts of protein in order to stay alive.  They are also usually limited as to how much fluid they can consume.   So this is a cake walk in comparison.

I want to talk about a few food items that I have fell in love with... after separating from my beloved peanut butter one week ago.  The first two are Almond Butter and Sunflower Seed Spread:
I have been adding "Sunbutter" to my shakes, it is Gluten free, 2 Tbsp = 200 calories, Total fat =16g fat, Trans fat = 0, Protein = 7g,  Almond Butter:  2 Tbsp = 180 calories, Total Fat = 15g, Trans Fat = 0, Protein = 6 g.   Believe it or not.. my pal "Peanut Butter".. the natural one has 200kcals, per 2 Tbsp, 16 grams of Total Fat, 8grams of protein and less sodium than both.  I am not writing off peanut butter...and I do not remember reading anyone medical chart saying they died from peanut butter consumption.. unless of course they had an allergy to it.   People just need to keep in mind it is still a fat.. so do not go eating it by the spoonful(s), it is enjoyable in the serving size allotted on the label.

So today I joined a girlfriend of mine for lunch (she is also on the cleanse).. and we had walked around for a while looking for a place to eat in downtown Pleasanton.  We finally settled on a Gastro Pub in downtown.. and it was awesome.. minus the flight of beers that came out to the table behind ours.  But we had the prawn salad.. (accidentally came with buttermilk dressing)  we cheated.. but it was oooohhh soooo goood!  After that... we went over to Sprouts.. where we walked around read every food label... and discovered they carried Goat Butter... may have to try this.  Ended up coming home with a few more things. 

During my day I usually check twitter as I follow alot of food companies, authors, USDA and food blogs.. but did anyone see this unveiling this past week?
This looks nasty...and I believe it will also keep me in business for a while as a dietitian.

Weight:  Same as yesterday...
Mind Body & Soul:  No significant change...

No comments:

Post a Comment