Thursday, March 8, 2012

Day 5

A few things I may have failed to mention, is that there is a team of us actually taking part in this 28-Day Cleanse.  The group is made up of successful/educated women ... oh wait.. and a few behind the scenes men who are not attending the meetings.. but are eating clean on the side.  The group is unique in the fact that we all have different backgrounds, our leader/mentor is a Stanford graduate in Engineering who left the field a few years ago... and now is successful with her business, we also have 3 Registered Dietitians, one of whom has her own successful practice here in the Bay area,  a Software Sales Rep, a Personal Trainer with a Ph.D, and a few others.   We have all been emailing each other almost daily.. and then meet together as a group on the weekends.  We send each other pictures of our food, descriptions of how to prepare it... and where to buy it.  Like this...



So I think for me the hardest thing to give up has been Soda... I rarely drink the real thing... but I am a fan of Fresca.  I have since gave that up as well.. but have recently discovered this particular product.. which was featured in "Today's Dietitian" and can also be found in most health food stores these days.  This product has grown on me..and I am excited that I can include it now into my cleanse (sort of)... as it is made with no artificial sweeteners, is GMO-FREE, Gluten Free.. but does have approximately 45mg of Caffeine per 12oz. (keep in mind how much is in coffee!)  
So here is what I am talking about...........
It is Zevia... it is made with Stevia...which is a natural sweetener.. and should not play mind games on your blood sugar. It is also not one carbon atom away from windshield wiper fluid like another known sweetener out there on the market :)    The great thing about Zevia.. is that is comes in all kinds of flavors... and my local Sprouts carries most of the flavors (Thank You Sprouts)!   Zevia has a cool website and literature to support their claims.  

Stats for Day 5
Weight:   No change.. WTH???
Mind, Body, Soul:  No real change in mood, still thinking about coffee alot.
One positive change.. is that my skin is slightly better.. but that has to be related to the 70+ oz of water I am drinking.  

Tomorrow is Friday....and I will be probably eating raw fish and drinking green tea while the rest of you are downing beer and fried food at Happy Hour.  Whatever....

No comments:

Post a Comment